Basil Oil Description
Basil is a culinary must-have that has been used to enhance the taste of food of cultures across the world. This herb is part of the mint family and is great for adding a fresh, herbal flavor to meats, pastas, and entrées. Though Basil oil is known for its culinary benefits; it also has a variety of uses for both the mind and the body. The basil plant and Basil oil is rich with linalool, a naturally occurring chemical, which is beneficial in decreasing feelings of tension when applied to the temples and reducing anxious feelings when diffused. Diffusing Basil oil can also help to promote a sense of mental alertness and focus. This well-rounded essential oil is a great addition to a kitchen, study area, office, or travel bag for on-the-go convenience.
You can get more geeky by reading the doTERRA Science Blog.
HOW TO USE BASIL ESSENTIAL OIL
- After a lively day playing sports or engaging in activity, apply a few drops of Basil oil to the areas of your skin that you feel could use some soothing. By rubbing Basil oil into the skin of these areas, your skin will experience a cooling sensation that is perfect for relaxing your body after an active day. Basil oil acts as a powerful cooling agent for the skin and can bring a sense of relief when you need it most.
- Bring the flavors of Spain and Italy to your table with this delicious Basil Marinated Roasted Pepper & Manchego Sandwichwith Basil oil. Basil oil is often used to bring a fresh, herbal taste to many dishes and these sandwiches are no exception. The Manchego cheese used for this meal originates from La Mancha, Spain. This cheese has a delightful nuttiness and texture that plays well with the piquant flavor of Basil oil. Combine this dynamic duo with the flavors of marinated red peppers, arugula, and ciabatta bread and you will find yourself craving this meal again and again.
- Diffusing Basil oil has many powerful benefits and can be used to improve a variety of different situations. Basil oil has the capability to promote a sense of mental alertness and lessen anxious feelings when diffused. Try bringing your diffuser and Basil oil to work with you and then diffuse it when you are feeling tense or are at the end of a long work day and are seeking feelings of relief. If you or someone you know is having difficulty focusing when studying or reading, diffuse Basil oil to promote a sense of focus and mental alertness.
If you are looking for a great Basil oil diffuser blend, try combining Lime, Bergamot, and Peppermint with Basil. This blend will not only give you the benefits of Basil oil, it will also provide you with an invigorating aroma that will positively affect your mood with stimulating and refreshing properties.
- Making your own marinara sauce with basil oil is easy and nutritious. Eliminate the preservatives of store bought sauces and flavor your favorite dishes with homemade Roasted Marinara Sauce by trying this essential oil recipe in your kitchen. This recipe includes a delightful mix of natural ingredients topped with a hint of Basil and Oregano essential oils that will bring a delightful kick to your meal. The whole family will love the light and flavorful touch that this essential oil recipe brings to the table.
- After a long day, what better way to unwind than with a light massage with Basil essential oil? Add Basil and Wintergreentogether with a carrier oil. Use this blend and massage it onto the back of your neck or have a friend help. This blend will assist in relieving stress and providing a relaxing experience. The natural components of Basil oil will help dispel feelings of tension and act as a cooling agent for the skin.
- Looking for a recipe that will feed a lot of people but won’t require you to spend a lot of money? Search no longer! Herbed Pasta Salad is an inexpensive and delicious essential oil recipe that will have even the pickiest eaters wanting more. This recipe puts a twist on traditional pasta salad with its many fresh ingredients and Basil oil dressing. No matter what the occasion may be, Herbed Pasta Salad is a crowd-pleasing dish you won’t want to pass up.
- Sometimes the most difficult part about meal time can be getting the family to eat vegetables. With this Black Bean Burger essential oil recipe, you can turn your vegetables into a classic, yet healthy, meal that both kids and adults will love. Transform flavorful vegetables, bread crumbs, Cilantro oil, and Basil oil into a mouthwatering patty that will leave you feeling healthy and full, rather than exhausted and heavy. For your next family favorite, try making this Basil essential oil recipe in your home.
- The discomforts that accompany a menstrual cycle can cause intense aches and muscle cramps that can sometimes hinder normal daily activity. In order to ease some of the effects of the menstrual cycle, put one drop of Basil oil into a Veggie Capsuleand take internally to help provide soothing support during a menstrual cycle. Basil oil is a powerful oil when it comes to feminine discomforts. By internally taking appropriate amounts of Basil, the oil can help diffuse the monthly unease and can assist in getting women back on their feet and enjoying their regular routines.
- Basil oil is a wonderful way to spice up a variety of meals—especially Italian meals. From creamy pastas to your favorite orzotto, don’t forget to add an herbal kick by incorporating Basil oil into your Italian cuisines. The Basil plant is a commonly used herb in cooking because of its flavorful benefits. By adding a drop of Basil oil to your meals, you can create a culinary masterpiece that will be tasty and refreshing.
In Italian culture, basil was used as a sign of love. Placing a pot of basil on a balcony meant that a woman was ready for her suitor to come. If the man arrived with a sprig of basil, then the woman would fall in love with him. Wearing basil on his person signified that a man had serious intentions for a woman he was courting.
Oils that Blend Well with Basil Oil
You can learn more about doTerra's essential oils and how to get an wholesale account here.